Greenwich Mean Date:
Greenwich Mean Time:
Focal Depth (km):
Analysis Quality (A-D):
New Britian Island, Papua New Guinea
7.0 Ms (NEIC)
7.4 Mw (NEIC)
- Subtract 8 hours from Greenwich Mean Time to obtain PST or 5 hours for EDT
- Location Quality: A (good), B (fair), C (poor), D (bad)
- Magnitude: Ml (local or Richter magnitude), Lg (mblg), Md (duration), Mb (body wave), Ms (surface wave), Mw (moment)
- Standard Sources Include:
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center, Golden, CO (NEIC)
- Harvard Geophysical Observatory, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (HRV)
- U.S. Geological Survey, Northern California Seismic Network (NCSN)
- University of California, Berkeley, Seismological Laboratory (UCBSL)
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California (Caltech)
- various wire reports and/or personal communications
- All data are preliminary and subject to change.
- Copyright ? 1999 Advanced Geologic Exploration, Inc.
- Voice: 775-852-0992 / Fax: 775-852-3226
- Web Site: https://seismo-watch.com
- Re-transmission prohibited. All rights reserved.
- NEWS MEDIA: Please site Seismo-Watch as your source
FastCounter by LinkExchange
Seismo-Watch is produced by:
Advanced Geologic Exploration, Inc.
P.O. Box 18012 , Reno, NV 89511-8012
Toll Free 24 hour Message Line 1-800-852-2960
Office: 775-852-0992 / Fax: 775-852-3226